Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meet the Teacher



Becoming a teacher has always been a lifelong dream since I was a little girl. From playing school with my friends when I was seven to my first job in high school as an assistant at a Preschool, I remained focused on this goal. That dream came true for me seven years ago. I graduated from the University of South Florida in 2006 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. I was fortunate enough to get a job at the school where I completed my final internship, in third grade. I continued my education throughout my first year teaching and graduated with my Master’s Degree in Reading Education in 2007 from the University of South Florida. I continued teaching third grade until this past year. 

Currently, I am taking a little break from teaching.  My little girl was born this past August and  I decided to take a year off to be a full time mommy.   When my baby was born, I wasn't sure if I would ever go back. But as time as gone by, I have realized I miss teaching. It's a big part of who I am.  I miss the kids and the everyday joys as they grow and learn. I am hoping that I will be find someone to work with part time next year in order to have the best of both worlds.

It's been a goal of mine for many years to share the things I've done in the classroom on the web.  I started a website a little while back but found that it was too expensive to maintain. I'm very familiar with the blog world and recently decided this was the best way for me to go.  I'll be using Teachers Pay Teachers to share a lot of my creations.  Many will be free, some will have a small fee.  I'm excited about this little blog and being able to get back into a teacher mindset every once in a while.  

Here's a little about me...
  • Hobbies:
    • Sewing/ Embroidery
    • Cooking and Baking
    • Spending time with family and friends
    • Shopping, Shopping, Shopping
    • Blogging
    • Exercising/ Running
    Interesting Facts:
    • I've been skydiving
    • I figure skated for 8 years
    • I am a list maker and like to stay organized
    • I love to play sports, especially FOOTBALL!
    • I threw the first pitch out at a Tampa Bay Rays game.


No comments:

Post a Comment